Home > Domestic > Loft Conversions

Loft Conversions
Please select from the list of services below:

Planning a new loft conversion?

Need extra lighting and power?

Do you need a new supply?

A new loft conversion will require additional circuits being added to your current supply, which would need to be assessed against the current overall demand of your current installation.

Loft spaces can get hot and should be ventilated to avoid condensation and the danger that could arise with electrical accessories.  Cabling routes would also need to be given consideration and planning before permanent flooring is fixed.

Power for socket outlets, lighting, heating and any other new circuit will be required to be notified with the Local Authority Building Control under Part P of the Building Regulations.

I hope your home already has smoke alarms, adding a loft conversion will mean that additional alarms will be required. These must meet an appropriate British Standard, be mains wired and interlinked to alarms on each floor level.

Test It Electrical can help you by:

■ Assessing your existing installation loading and demand
■ Assess your required additional demand for the new part of the building
■ Provide you with a written detailed quotation
■ Design, Install and Test your new installation
■ Supply and fit mains wired smoke alarms
■ Notify the Local Building Control Authority on your behalf
■ Issue you with a completed BS7671 Electrical Installation Certificate for the work

call us today on 0792 559 3061 for a free estimate

On completion of our work our electrician will issue an Electrical Installation Certificate for the work that has been carried out.

Please note that from 1st January 2005 most electrical work carried out it Dwellings and Flats (including Gardens) will require notification to the Local Authority Building Control for compliance with PART P electrical safety of the Building Regulations.

We can arrange a LABC notification for you absolutely free! – Call us now!

For further information about PART P see FAQ – PART P